Why become a member?
To support an arts organisation which significantly enriches the cultural and social life of our community.
What are the benefits?
- free, monthly members-only screenings
- special members ticket price pays for your membership when you attend only 8 out of 24 screenings (Gold Members don’t pay an admission fee)
- discounted tickets to the annual Australian Film Festival
- ability to pre-purchase tickets for films online and at the Maleny Information and Visitors Centre
- input into film selection
- only members can vote for the MFS management committee
- pre-purchase of tickets online (members only) and at the Maleny Visitors Information Centre (members and guests)
- gold members get early entry to the film 5:55pm – 6:00pm at the side ramp prior to Saturday evening sessions
How can I join?
Application forms are available on film nights at the membership table. You can also join on-line by entering your details and paying the applicable fee. Payments on-line can be made either by credit card, PayPal or by direct debit to your bank account … simply follow the prompts when completing the application (please note that if you are paying on-line by credit card or Paypal, there is an additional fee)
Getting your membership card
If you have recently joined or renewed your membership, your new membership card will be available for pick up at the membership desk. Print out your receipt from the purchase/renewal transaction and show this to the box office/door person to gain entry. The membership desk is just inside the main doors on the right.
Membership lasts for twelve months from the date of joining. The annual fees are:
Member $40 | Couple $80 | Gold $150 | Gold Couple $300 | Corporate $390
Couples Gold Membership
Gold Members do not pay the admission fee and have the advantage of being able to enter via the special “Gold Members and pre-sale tickets” line. Gold Members also enjoy fantastic value for money – if attending all screenings throughout the year.
Corporate Members pay $390 for one year. Corporate members receive 24 tickets to use for the year for clients and employees or for viewing pleasure for friends and family. Your business logo will be listed in the MFS IGA display window, MCC display window and on the MFS web site.
Please note: belonging to our film society through membership does not guarantee you a seat (unless you have pre-purchased a ticket of course). Please arrive early to avoid dissapointment.
Members Only Program
Members are invited to attend our once-a-month screening for members only. These screenings are held at the Masonic Hall, starting at 7 for 7.15 pm. Members are welcome to bring a plate of food to share and something to drink; coffee and tea are available. A discussion is held after the film. These nights are an enjoyable way to see more films and to catch up with other members in a convivial atmosphere.